- 3 Ways to Get Cold Prospects to Talk to You
Cold prospecting – reaching out to targets you don’t know to generate an initial meeting – is one of the hardest parts of sales. Partly, it’s a numbers game. With decision makers more insulated than ever, it’s getting harder and harder to get past gatekeepers and beyond voicemail.
But what happens when you do get a cold prospect to pay attention – whether it’s because they picked up the phone, or responded to an email or a direct mail piece? Do you feel like you nail it every time?
Much prospecting success is determined in this first interaction. Many opportunities die here before you have a chance to engage.
What can you do to get cold prospects to shift from “go away” to “sounds good, let’s talk?”[click to continue...]
- 15 Comments Topics:
- Want to Double Your Sales Opportunities? Focus on This One Thing
Most sales advice suggests that to sell products and services as solutions to needs you must uncover your prospect’s pain.
The reasons are simple:
- If the prospect communicates his business afflictions to you, then it is likely that he will want them to go away if it’s possible, and if it makes sense to invest the time, money, and brainpower to get rid of them.
- Each affliction you uncover gives you the chance to explore it fully to discover its true business impact.
- Uncovering and discussing one affliction can lead to other afflictions, which the prospect may not have been thinking about in the first place.
Uncovering your prospect’s afflictions is a crucial step in the business development process.
But focusing only on afflictions can do you a disservice because problems and pain are only half the story.[click to continue...]
- 5 Comments Topics:
- Are Sales Objections Driving You NUT$? Keys to Overcoming the 4 Types of Objections
An objection is not a rejection; it is simply a request for more information.
- Bo Bennett
Are you the type of person who quickly deals with sales objections, providing answers immediately, trying to overcome them as quickly as possible and move towards the close?
If so, you are probably not:
- Taking the time to fully understand the objection and what’s behind it by asking clarifying questions
- Dealing with the issue thoroughly enough and to the level of satisfaction the prospect desires
- Presenting a compelling enough argument to overcome the objection and ultimately win the business
Imagine you have a $450,000 deal on the line. You are at the altar. Six months have gone into this deal and uncountable hours. You can see the finish line… you just have to overcome the last few objections. All too many sales fall apart late in the game because sellers are so anxious to rush through this crucial phase in the sales process. I have consistently seen objections mishandled because sellers simply do not understand the basis for the actual objection.[click to continue...]
- 0 Comments Topics:
- 10 Ways to Boost Your Sales Success
Wouldn’t it be great if there were a silver bullet that would make you more successful in your sales efforts? One thing you could do to really boost your sales success?
I hate to disappoint, but the reality is, there is no silver bullet. Sales success takes hard work and commitment along with skill and savvy.
While there is no one thing that will work for you, there are a number of things you can do to help boost your overall success. You can start by following these 10 sales tips...[click to continue...]
- 1 Comment Topics:
- 8 Tips for Selling with Social Media
There’s this age-old problem with selling: If we could only get more people to pay attention to us, we could build relationships that lead to sales.
Fortunately, social media offers an amazing source of business opportunities. If you approach it the right way, you can build many relationships that could be crucial to your business growth and success.
This article is about successfully selling (not marketing) with social media. And by selling, I mean the “two people getting to know each other and starting up a conversation that might go somewhere” kind of selling.
Here are 8 ways to strike up social media conversations with people you want to meet...[click to continue...]
- 9 Comments Topics:
RAIN SellingSM Blog
|-- OR --|
- Buying Process
- Cold Calling
- Online Sales Training
- Overcoming Objections
- Professional Selling
- Professional Selling Skills
- Proposal Writing
- RAIN Selling
- Sales Assessments
- Sales Call Planning
- Sales Conversations
- Sales eBooks
- Sales Knowledge
- Sales Management
- Sales Mistakes
- Sales Motivation
- Sales Negotiation
- Sales Performance Improvement
- Sales Planning
- Sales Presentations
- Sales Prospecting
- Sales Research
- Sales Training
- Strategic Account Management
- Value Proposition
Popular Blog Posts