When the team at the RAIN Group Center for Sales Research surveyed 528 sellers and buyers on their virtual buying and selling experiences earlier this year, we uncovered significant gaps between what influences buyer purchase decisions and seller effectiveness.
The sad truth? Only two or three in 10 sellers do well in the four areas that most influence purchase decisions.
The infographic below depicts these factors and the significant gaps in seller effectiveness, as well as suggestions for ways to close the gap.
For the best viewing and navigation experience, we recommend downloading and opening the PDF on your desktop.
The Top 6 Factors that Highly Influence Buyer Purchase Decisions
- Leading a thorough discovery of buyers' concerns, wants, and needs
- Click here to download our 50 Powerful Sales Questions guide.
- Showing buyers what's possible or how to solve a problem
- Click here to learn more about how to become categorically distinct.
- Listening to buyers
- Click here to learn how to stop talking so much.
- Making the return on investment (ROI) case clear to buyers
- Click here to learn more about how to communicate a strong ROI case.
- Educating buyers with new ideas and perspectives
- Click here to learn more about the two types of Insight Selling.
- Communicating value
- Click here to learn more about the 3 rules for developing a winning value proposition.
The results of our analysis are available in our Virtual Selling Skills & Challenges report.