In What Sales Winners Do Differently, we studied over 700 purchases from the perspective of business-to-business buyers to find out what really happened in their buying experiences.
In our research, we looked at the factors that most separate sales winners from second-place finishers. These are the essential selling skills you need to find yourself in the winner's circle.
The 10 Essential Selling Skills
- Educate: Sales winners educate buyers with new ideas and perspectives 2.9X more often than second-place finishers.
- Collaborate: Top Performers rate their processes to work collaboratively with accounts to co-create value much higher than The Rest.
- Persuade: Sales winners are much more likely to persuade buyers that they will achieve results.
- Listen: Buyers report that 40.3% of second-place finishers didn't listen to them.
- Understand needs: Buyers want sellers who "get it."
- Minimize risk: Buyers want sellers to help them avoid potential pitfalls.
- Craft compelling solutions: Buyers report that 7 out of 10 sales winners craft compelling solutions.
- Build trust: Sales winners set and meet expectations and build trust with buyers. They also depict the purchasing process accurately.
- Build relationships: 62% of sales winners connect with buyers personally compared to only 45% of second-place finishers.
- Differentiate based on value: Provide maximum value compared to competitors.
In the infographic, we share what you need to do to master each of these essential selling skills and boost your sales success.
Do you want more tips, scenarios, and examples that will help ensure you're interacting with buyers the way they want? Download our Success Guide for Maximizing B2B Sales.