Posts with Category "Sales Research"
- Sneak Peek of Insight Selling
The sales landscape has shifted in the last few years.
Buyers are more informed than ever, competition is stiffer, and products and services are increasingly seen as replaceable, leaving most sellers at a loss for the best way to add value and differentiate.
Yet, some sellers continue to win consistently.
To find out what these sellers are doing differently than the rest, we undertook a massive research effort. In our study, we looked at 700 B2B purchases made by buyers who represent $3.1 billion in annual purchasing power.
We found that the sellers who win harness the power of ideas. And in our new book, Insight Selling: Surprising Research on What Sales Winners Do Differently by bestselling authors Mike Schultz and John Doerr, we share exactly how they do it...[click to continue...]
- 0 Comments Topics:
- 3 Rules for Building a Value Proposition
Every business pundit has said at one time or another, "There's no more misunderstood, argued about topic in business than [insert topic here], but it's really not that complicated. Here's the secret to understanding it." Understanding how to communicate value when you're selling falls into this same category.
Before you can learn how to communicate value, you need to understand what value, itself, is.
- Value: The monetary worth of something
- Value Proposition: The collection of reasons why a buyer buys
- Value Proposition Positioning Statement: A compelling, tangible statement of how a company or individual will benefit from buying something specific or buying from you in general
Most people, however, only think of the third bullet...[click to continue...]
- 6 Comments Topics:
- Vote for the 2013 Top Sales Awards - Polls Now Closed
Top Sales World has announced the finalists for its annual Top Sales & Marketing Awards and we’re pleased to share that RAIN Group has been nominated in three categories.
1. Top Sales Thought Leader: Mike Schultz & John Doerr
2. Top Sales Ebook/White Paper: What Sales Winners Do Differently
3. Top Sales & Marketing Resource Site: RainToday.com
According to Top Sales World, “The annual Top Sales & Marketing Awards contest has been created to hail ‘the heroes’ of the sales and marketing space.”
While we do encourage you to vote, we’d also like to share some of the great work we’ve accomplished this year in each of these categories. Please note: the polls close on Friday and we could use your help to secure a spot on the podium. Vote today![click to continue...]
- 0 Comments Topics:
- 10 Essential Selling Skills
In What Sales Winners Do Differently, we studied over 700 purchases from the perspective of business-to-business buyers to find out what really happened in their buying experiences.
In our research, we looked at the factors that most separate sales winners from second-place finishers. These are the essential selling skills you need to find yourself in the winner's circle in the year ahead.
The 10 Essential Selling Skills
1. Educated me with new ideas or perspectives
2. Collaborated with me
3. Persuaded me we would achieve results
4. Listened to me
5. Understood my needs
6. Helped me avoid potential pitfalls
7. Crafted a compelling solution
8. Depicted purchasing process accurately
9. Connected with me personally
10. Overall value from the company is superior to other options
In our infographic, we share what you need to do to master each of these essential selling skills and boost your sales success...[click to continue...]
- 3 Comments Topics:
- The Seller As Differentiator
Lots of people lament the commoditization in their industries.
They’ll say things like, "Buyers see us as commodities."
Interestingly enough, the truth is lots of buyers agree.
Now, given what I do, I’ve been a part of actually watching many buying processes from the buyer’s side and the buyers often say at the end, “Of the five companies we’re looking at, I actually think that three of them are well suited to do the work, but we still have to pick a winner,” and, at least in my observation, the winner is not always on price and, in fact, it’s not usually on price.
So what is it then that makes one company stand out enough to win the business versus the others that are also vying for it?[click to continue...]
- 0 Comments Topics:
RAIN SellingSM Blog
|-- OR --|
- Buying Process
- Cold Calling
- Insight Selling
- Online Sales Training
- Overcoming Objections
- Professional Selling
- Professional Selling Skills
- Proposal Writing
- RAIN Selling
- Sales Assessments
- Sales Call Planning
- Sales Coaching
- Sales Conversations
- Sales eBooks
- Sales Knowledge
- Sales Management
- Sales Mistakes
- Sales Motivation
- Sales Negotiation
- Sales Performance Improvement
- Sales Planning
- Sales Presentations
- Sales Prospecting
- Sales Research
- Sales Training
- Strategic Account Management
- Value Proposition
Popular Blog Posts