According to our research of sales, enablement, and company leaders:
- 64% prioritize increasing business with existing accounts
- 62% prioritize improving customer retention, repeat business, and renewals
Despite this, only 8% of executives rate their account planning process as very effective.
The question then becomes: how can you prioritize something if you don't have a plan to get there?
Use our account planning checklist to drive your strategy around growing key accounts by answering important questions like:
- What does our account team look like? Do we have the right people in the right roles?
- Who’s on the key account’s team? What are their roles? Do we have relationships with key decision makers?
- What trends are affecting this account?
- What needs does this account have? What's on their agenda and priority list?
- Who are the competitors?
- What value can we offer?
- What other insights do we know about this account? Are there changes to strategy, key staff, or products and services?
- What else do we need to know?
Download your copy of the checklist below with 57 account-planning questions to expand and grow your key accounts.
Additional Key Account Planning Resources
If you're looking for additional resources for penetrating, expanding, and protecting your key accounts, start here: