Start Date: Position Open - Start Upon Hire
Location: Framingham, MA preferred, open to telecommuting
Please Submit: Resume, Cover Letter, and Writing Sample or Work Deliverable Example - Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Experience: 7+ years business experience with some aspect of content development or instructional design
Education: Bachelor's degree; advanced degree and/or MBA preferred
Do you want to be an integral part of providing transformational educational experiences to professionals at top companies around the world? Do you enjoy designing content and understanding an organization’s business challenges so you can tailor that content to be relevant, practical, and impactful? Are you business-minded and curious to understand the world of sales thinking and application in detail?
If so, this career opportunity may be for you.
RAIN Group is a global sales training and performance improvement company that helps leading organizations improve sales results. Founded in 2002, we've experienced significant growth and have established a reputation as a world-leader.
We take our company values seriously: passion; commitment; straightforwardness; openness; analytics; learning; success of others; balance.
The Director of Content and Program Development will report directly to firm senior leadership and will have a broad range of responsibilities.
- A great “can-do” attitude
- The ability to self-motivate and think creatively
- Strong conceptual aptitude for business and intellectual curiosity about sales
- Ability to quickly understand and analyze a situation, and put together compelling content and messaging in written and graphical format
- Strong writing skills with command of the English language, grammar, and usage, and meticulous editing and proofreading ability
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, and detail orientation
- Comfort working with and learning new technologies (CRM systems, LMS platforms, training authoring tools, advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Word)
- An understanding of basic instructional design and adult learning principles and a passion for creating content people love—from writing to design to production
- Experience managing teams, people, and projects including developing project flows, finding and working with contractors, evaluating others’ work, and being the final approver
- A high level of comfort interacting with executives both internally and externally
You'll be expected to become fluent in and the custodian of all of RAIN Group training program materials and intellectual capital. You will develop new materials, update existing materials, tailor content for specific clients, and enable consultants to deliver programs successfully. You'll also support RAIN Group’s sellers by producing winning proposals that reflect each prospect’s unique needs.
- Developing a deep understanding of RAIN Group intellectual capital and helping us leverage it for client success
- Developing instructor-led training and eLearning programs (in partnership with our in-house thought leaders), exercises, and support materials
- Managing our online learning library and LMS system
- Evaluating and bringing in new and innovative technologies to the company for use in educational material creation and deployment
- Partnering with client leaders to develop custom materials for specific client engagements
- Working closely with sales and subject matter experts to craft winning proposals
- Communicating with consultants, facilitators, and office leaders about training programs, materials, and other intellectual capital
- Managing time and priorities of the product development team including specialty subcontractors
- Resume, cover letter, and writing sample or work deliverable sample are required. Applications submitted without all three will not be accepted or reviewed.
- 4-year college degree (academic rigor of university and GPA will be considered) and at least seven years of professional experience in an energetic, professional business environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with many moving parts and tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to write, edit, and proofread at a high level
- General technical aptitude, including basic web coding
- Background in content development or instructional design
- Interest in sales topics and learning about sales
- Experience with LMS technologies, eLearning and training authoring tools, and ecommerce systems a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint, with the ability to self-learn advanced features in Word and PowerPoint
Candidates must have a strong work ethic, the ability to problem-solve, and must be able to learn quickly and adapt to any situation.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is a competitive salary plus bonus potential based on individual and company performance. We offer health insurance through Tufts Health Plan, dental insurance, 401k plan and a generous mix of all-purpose vacation, sick, and personal days.
Resume, cover letter, and writing sample are required. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample below. Applications submitted without all documents will not be accepted or reviewed.
RAIN Group is located in a Class A office space 20 minutes west of Boston in Framingham, just off the Mass Pike.
No calls or agencies please.
Director of Content and Program Development Application