In the mid-1990s, a fairly common sales strategy was to give a seller a desk, a phone, a business directory, and say, "Go."
Fast forward to today, and selling has become significantly more complex. Companies report ever-increasing challenges regarding product and service commoditization, proliferation of competition, and more informed and sophisticated buyers.
With the rare opportunity to dominate in sales based on product differentiation, with most companies having already squeezed excess cost out of their P&Ls, and with fewer opportunities to get ahead through mergers and acquisitions, there's one last vast sea of opportunity for driving sales and profits higher: sales performance optimization.
But there are hundreds of factors that affect sales performance. The question is: what should you do and where should you invest to get the best results?
Our new white paper will help you figure that out. In it, RAIN Group Presidents Mike Schultz and John Doerr walk you through the Sales Performance WheelSM, and give you the blueprint you need to get the results you want in all areas of your sales organization. You'll discover:
- 8 drivers and 37 key components you must consider to improve sales effectiveness
- The key leverage point in most sales organizations to improve sales performance
- Striking differences between Top-Performing Sales Organizations and The Rest across the 8 drivers, based on new research
- 48 questions you can ask yourself that will reveal opportunities for improvement
- How to uncover the right mix of factors relevant to you that will drive your results to the next level
The tools, frameworks, and commentary in this report will help you figure out where you are now, where you want to be, and how best to get there.