It’s 4 PM on a Thursday and you’re about to meet the CEO of a major company you’d like to win as a client. The conversation starts as you walk into the office, approach the CEO, stretch out your hand, and say, “Nice to meet you, Jill. I’m Steve Webb.”
Fast forward to a meeting about 7 months later. You head into the office. Jill gets out from behind her desk and says, “Good to see you again, Steve. Here’s a check for $1.2 million. Let’s get started.”
Suffice it to say, a lot has to happen to get from, “nice to meet you” to “here’s a check, let’s get started.” Yet two things are true:
- This is how it happens.
- Conversations form the bridge between “hello” and “let’s go.”
Yet many people struggle leading conversations to the close. They stumble along the way, making mistakes that end up losing them sales.
To help you master the art of the sales conversations, we’ve developed the free report, RAIN Selling: Keys to Leading Masterful Sales Conversations. In this ebook, our very own Mike Schultz and John Doerr, Co-Presidents of RAIN Group and co-authors of the new book Rainmaking Conversations, will introduce you to RAIN SellingSM, a proven, research-based methodology designed specifically to teach you how to go from the initial conversation to the close.
In this report, you’ll learn:
- 5 simple ways to build real rapport and trust with clients and prospects
- Why it’s a bad idea to only focus on your prospect’s “pain”
- How to uncover the broadest base of needs and sell the largest solution set
- How to balance talking and listening to gain trust, get a full understanding of your prospect, share your expertise, and make the deepest connections
- 6 ways to effectively communicate the impact of your solution
- How to apply 16 different influence tactics to your selling efforts to get more buyers choosing you